The Business Architecture and Process Management training course teaches the basics of Business Architecture as a business management and project practice. It instructs how to apply business consulting and transformational business process engineering practices focusing on how to generate business value and capability through the adoption of standards and modeling methodologies.
Many companies are struggling with transformational change initiatives across multiple channels and products. In understanding how to architect results and translate these into project/program definitions and scope they will be able to positively impact the planning and business objectives of their organizations.
By attending Business Architecture and Process Management workshop, delegates will learn to:
- Create and apply a Business Component Model
- Create and apply a Business Functional Model
- Identify critical/directly impacted business processes
- Model business process to expose business requirements
- Create and use modeling language and notational standards
- Identify relevant processes for process management
- Apply analytical tools and styles to develop reengineered/transformational process
- Understanding how to drive process quality and business case development through critical indicators and dashboards
- How to protect your corporate asset
Good understanding of process design and re-engineering
A general knowledge of process analysis techniques would be useful but not mandatory.
This Business Architecture and Process Management class is designed for all parties involved in documenting processes, business requirements and operational outcomes i.e, Business Architects, Business Consultants, Business Analysts, Business Transformation Organizations, and Business Operations Organizations.