The F5 BIGIP Application Security Manager Training course covers ways to manage Web-based and XML application attacks and the use of Application Security Manager to defend against these attacks. This course covers installation, configuration, management, security policy building, traffic learning, and implementation of Application Security Manager in both stand-alone and modular configurations. This class includes lectures, labs, demonstrations, and discussions.
By attending F5 BIGIP Application Security Manager Workshop, delegates will be able to install and understand web application configuration and configure a security policy based on live traffic, Wildcard entities and Rapid Deployment techniques. Additionally, they will be able to monitor and administer Application Security Manager.
- Basic HTTP and HTML concepts
- Basic security concepts
- Common network terminology
- Web application terminology
In addition, delegates should be proficient with:
- Basic PC operation and application skills, including operating a keyboard, mouse, Linux and Windows OS
- Basic Web browser operation (Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox are used in class)
The F5 BIGIP Application Security Manager Workshop is intended for security and network administrators who will be responsible for the installation and day-to-day maintenance of the Application Security Manager.