In Symmetrix VMAX Business Continuity Management Training course, Participants will gain the knowledge required to deploy and manage Symmetrix-based local and remote replication solutions for business continuity needs. Operational details and implementation considerations for EMC TimeFinder, SRDF, and Open Replicator are covered. Lessons include considerations for and performing local and remote replication operations in physical and virtualized environments.
By attending Symmetrix VMAX Business Continuity Management workshop, Participants will:
- Perform TimeFinder/Clone and TimeFinder/Snap operations with SYMCLI and SMC
- Learn Unisphere for VMAX in physical and virtualized environments
- Perform SRDF operations in Synchronous (SRDF/S) and Asynchronous (SRDF/A) modes using SYMCLI and Unisphere for VMAX – in physical and virtualized environments
- Perform Open Replicator for Symmetrix (ORS) data replication in hot/cold, push, and pull scenarios
- Describe the use of Unisphere for VMAX for performing local and remote replication operations
- Experience with Windows and/or UNIX operating systems
- Ability to utilize host-based GUI and/or command line interfaces to perform all hands-on labs
- Knowledge of Symmetrix architecture, concepts, and theory of operations
- TimeFinder, SRDF, and Open Replicator for Symmetrix fundamentals
- Symmetrix configuration management experience
- VMware vSphere ESXi fundamentals
EMC personnel, customers, and partners involved in implementing and managing local and remote replication solutions for business continuity using TimeFinder, SRDF, and Open Replicator in an Open Systems environment.