In Implementing MS SQL Server on NetApp Storage Systems training course, Participants will learn to implement Microsoft SQL Server on clustered Data ONTAP storage. This course focuses on Windows Server Failover Clustering, Microsoft SQL Server AlwaysOn Availability Groups, SnapDrive for Windows, and SnapManager for SQL Server. In this course, you will learn how to size and prepare clustered Data ONTAP storage virtual machines (also known as Vservers), install and configure SnapDrive for Windows, install and initialize SnapManager for SQL Server, move SQL databases to NetApp storage, backup and restore SQL databases, create Availability Groups, and troubleshoot common misconfigurations. By the end of this course, you will be able to confidently implement SQL Server on clustered Data ONTAP storage.
By attending Implementing MS SQL Server on NetApp Storage Systems workshop, Participants will learn to:
- Describe the features of Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, and the clustered Data ONTAP operating system
- Create and manage clustered Data ONTAP storage virtual machines (SVMs), create and manage logical interfaces (LIFs), data LIFs, and FlexVol volumes
- Enable, configure, and manage a Windows Server failover cluster
- Install and configure SnapDrive for Windows 2012, establish iSCSI sessions, and create LUNs
- Install and configure SnapManager for SQL Server, migrate, back up, restore, and clone SQL Server databases
- Implement the SQL Server AlwaysOn Availability Groups feature on clustered Data ONTAP
- Attending the following course Data ONTAP 7-Mode Administration or possess equivalent knowledge
- Knowledge of SQL Server backup and restore concepts
This training is for those who design and deploy NetApp storage systems in a Microsoft SQL Server environment.