EMC Storage Essentials training course will teach Participants basic storage knowledge. After completing this course, they will be able to navigate the broad portfolio of EMC Midrange Products and Software Suites, better communicate and understand common storage terminology, ask the right questions when purchasing an EMC Array, understand the topology of a Storage Environment, and supplement learning in preparation for the E10-001, EMC Proven Professional Entry Level Certification. This Storage Essentials course is suitable for those who have little or no Storage Essentials knowledge; however some level of storage exposure is helpful.
By attending EMC Storage Essentials workshop, Participants will learn to:
- Describe the value proposition of Storage Essentials
- Describe the types of entities managed by Storage Essentials
- Identify the fundamentals of Storage Essentials, including the entities managed and the problems diagnosed
- Describe how Storage Essentials fits within the EMC Ionix suite of products
- Configure Storage Essentials to discover and manage Participants network systems
- An understanding of backup and recovery concepts and principles, network administration in a TCP/IP environment, and UNIX/Linux system administration
Storage Essentials class is intended for System Administrators, System Engineers, Application Developers, and IT Managers.