The Data ONTAP CIFS Administration training course demonstrates how to administer SMB version 1.0, 2.0, and 2.1 in Data ONTAP operating in 7-Mode and SMB version 1.0, 2.0, 2.1, and 3.0 in clustered Data ONTAP.
By attending Data ONTAP CIFS Administration workshop, Participants will learn to:
- Define and describe CIFS protocol versions
- Describe configuration in Data ONTAP operating in 7-Mode
- Describe configuration in clustered Data ONTAP
- Use the Data ONTAP PowerShell Toolkit to write PowerShell scripts
- Configure home directories with the Data ONTAP operating system
- Work with symbolic links and widelinks
- Configure Dynamic Access Control
- Review performance management for CIFS environments
- Detail troubleshooting techniques for NetApp storage systems and clients who use the CIFS protocol
Attending the following course/s or equivalent knowledge:
This course is intended for those who provide support and administration for a CIFS environment on NetApp storage systems running the Data ONTAP operating system.