The RSA Cloud Security training course provides an overview of the concepts, processes, and best practices needed to successfully secure information within Cloud infrastructures. Participants will learn the basic Cloud types and delivery models and develop an understanding of the risk and compliance responsibilities and challenges for each Cloud type and service delivery model.
Participants will also learn on how to apply RSA’s trust-based security model to real-world security problems. The course concludes with a module on guidance for building private Clouds and a lab exercise where they will implement a private cloud using a 3rd party provider’s interface.
By attending RSA Cloud Security workshop, Participants will learn to:
- Identify security aspects of each cloud model
- Develop a risk-management strategy for moving to the Cloud
- Implement a public cloud instance using a public cloud service provider
- Apply RSA’s trust-based security model to different layers in the infrastructure stack
- Distinguish between cloud providers and 3rd party managed service providers
- Basic familiarity with IT concepts, including storage, computation and networking
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking technologies (equivalent to CompTIA Network+ certification)
- Working knowledge of Information Security concepts (equivalent to CompTIA’s Security+ certification)
- Conversant with virtualization concepts
- Comfortable using a command-line interface
The RSA Cloud Security course will be valuable for those who work in security or virtualization administration, compliance, architecture, and audit roles within their organization.