The Project Management Institute (PMI) recognizes the importance and special qualifications needed to be a project risk management professional. The PMI-RMP credential will substantiate the applicant’s knowledge, skills and experience in this area, and this PMI-RMP Exam Preparatory course will help in preparing to take and pass the RMP certification exam.
By attending Certified Project Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP) Exam Preparatory workshop, Participants will learn to:
- Understand the RMP exam process (i.e. application procedure to taking the exam)
- Review the six processes of project risk management and their relation with other project management knowledge areas
- Understand the governance and structures behind risk management
- Be able to distinguish between risk and issue management and how to do it
- Analysis of the tools and techniques to identify risk
- Understand the qualitative approach to risk analysis
- Review of simulation tools and techniques such as Monte Carlo, PERT, Tornado Diagrams
- Understand how to monitor and communicate project risk on a timely basis
- Focus on risk monitoring and control
- Understand the communication principles behind risk and issues management
- Be able to manage stakeholder involvement with risk
This is an exam preparation course that is beneficial for those who are targeting on undergoing the RMP exam. However, it may also be of particular benefit to those who are beginning to work in a risk environment and want to understand ‘best practice’ risk management with a view on undergoing the exam in the near future.