The Confidentiality & Data Protection training course is designed to ensure that the workforce has the necessary practical skills and knowledge to comply with professional standards, best practice and the legislation in their working practice. You will consider issues relating to data protection, confidentiality and information sharing and their role within the process. The course will examine real case examples and encourage delegates to explore the implications for their working practice and the organisation.
By attending Confidentiality & Data Protection workshop, delegates will learn:
- Confidentiality in the context of health and social care services, support and care
- Rights of access to information and records
- Understanding of the Data Protection Act and the core underpinning principles
- Understanding of organisation's Data Protection policy and the Confidentiality/Information Sharing policy
- Clear understanding of their responsibility in ensuring that data and information is managed and stored in a secure manner to prevent any breach in the law.
- Knowledge of the process involved in data protection audits
- Consideration of best practice case examples where the ineffective management of data protection and confidentiality have caused major concerns for organisations.