This Administering Relational Database on Microsoft Azure (DP-300) training course provides the knowledge and skills to administer a SQL Server database infrastructure for cloud, on-premises and hybrid relational databases and work with the Microsoft PaaS relational database offerings.
By attending Administering Relational Database on Microsoft Azure (DP-300) workshop, delegates will learn:
- Planning and Implementation of Data Platform Resources: The first module covers the best practices to deploy resources using manual methods, how to recommend a valid database offering when stringent requirements are expressed, how to best configure resources around business scaling and performance, the best strategies to integrate while migrating to Azure and finally, how to best introduce a strategy around the same.
- Implementation of A Secure Environment: One of the biggest concerns around databases and information management revolves around data security. This module covers how to best configure database authorization using both the platform and database tools, the best way to implement security for data both in transit and at rest and finally, the best practices to ensure compliance controls are actively used when dealing with sensitive data.
- Monitor and Optimize Operational Resources : Maintaining consistent performance is just as critical as introducing the right solution. This module covers how students should keep a close eye on activity and performance while implementing performance-related maintenance tasks, identifying performance-related issues, and configuring resources and the user database for optimal performance.
- Optimization of Query Performance: Students learn to review query plans, evaluate performance improvements, and review database table and index design to ensure all relevant features and changes are working cohesively with the database.
- Performing Automation of Tasks: Automation sits at the forefront of many business strategies today. Automation offers improved efficiency and effectiveness. This module covers how to create scheduled tasks, introduce alert and notification strategies and introduce the best methods to automate tasks within Azure.
- Planning and Implementation around High Availability and Disaster Recovery (HADR) Environment: Within this module, students learn how to recommend a HADR strategy for data platform solutions, test the same strategy using platforms and database tools, perform backups, and configure the HA/DR.
- Performing Administration Using T-SQL : The final module within the examination unit allows students to understand system health, introduce configurations using T-SQL, monitor database configurations, perform backups and manage both authenticity and authorization using T-SQL.
- Successful Azure Database Administrators start this role with professional experience in database management and technical knowledge of cloud technologies.
- Working with, maintaining, and developing with SQL Server
- Experience with Azure, such as deploying and managing resources
The Administering Relational Database on Microsoft Azure (DP-300) class is ideal for:
- Database Administrators
- Data Management Specialists
- Azure Data Engineers
- Any professional entering an organization in an operational management capacity across data platform solutions
- Professionals who are looking to clear their DP-300 certification exam