The Juniper JUNOS Security (JSEC) Training course provides Participants with the skills for configuration, operation, and implementation of JUNOS security platforms in a typical network environment. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, Participants will gain experience in configuring and monitoring JUNOS Software for JUNOS security platforms.
By attending Juniper JUNOS Security (JSEC) workshop, Participants will learn to:
- Describe traditional routing and security and the current trends in internetworking
- Provide an overview of the JUNOS security platforms and software architecture
- Describe the logical packet flow and session creation performed by JUNOS security platforms
- Describe, configure and monitor zones
- Describe, configure and monitor security policies
- Describe configure and monitor firewall user authentication
- Describe various types of network attacks
- Configure and monitor SCREEN options to prevent network attacks
- Explain, implement, and monitor NAT as implemented on JUNOS security platforms
- Explain the purpose and mechanics of IPsec VPNs
- Implement and monitor policy-based and route-based IPsec VPNs
- Utilize and update the IDP signature database on JUNOS security platforms
- Configure and monitor IDP policy with policy templates
- Describe, configure and monitor high availability chassis clusters
Participants should have basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the OSI model and the TCP/IP protocol suite. They should also attend the Introduction to the JUNOS Operating System (IJOS) and the JUNOS Routing Essentials (JRE) courses or have equivalent knowledge.
Juniper JUNOS Security (JSEC) class is intended for operators of JUNOS security platforms, including network engineers, administrators, support personnel and reseller support personnel.