The Juniper JUNOS Routing Essentials (JRE) Training course provides Participants with foundational routing knowledge and configuration examples and includes an overview of general routing concepts, routing policy and firewall filters, and class of service (CoS).
By attending Juniper JUNOS Routing Essentials (JRE) workshop, Participants will learn to:
- Explain basic routing operations and concepts
- View and describe routing and forwarding tables
- Configure and monitor static routing
- Configure and monitor OSPF
- Describe the framework for routing policy and firewall filters
- Explain the evaluation of routing policy and firewall filters
- Identify instances where you might use routing policy
- Write and apply a routing policy
- Identify instances where you might use firewall filters
- Write and apply a firewall filter
- Describe the operation and configuration for unicast reverse path forwarding (RPF)
- Explain the purpose and benefits of class of service (CoS)
- List and explain the various components of CoS
- Implement and verify proper operation of CoS
Participants should have basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the OSI model and the TCP/IP protocol suite. Participants should also attended a workshop on Introduction to the JUNOS Operating System (IJOS) or possess equivalent knowledge.
Juniper JUNOS Routing Essentials (JRE) class is intended for those responsible for configuring and monitoring devices running JUNOS Software.