The Juniper Junos IPv6 (JP-IPv6) Training course provides detailed coverage of IP version 6 (IPv6) operations including Neighbour Discovery, ICMPv6, IPv6 protocol independent routing, OSPFv3, IS-IS, BGP, RIPng, transitions methods, and troubleshooting methodology and commands supported by the Junos operating system. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, Participants will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos operating system and in monitoring device and IPv6 protocol operations.
By attending Juniper Junos IPv6 (JP-IPv6) workshop, Participants will learn to:
- Describe the similarities and differences between IP version 4 (IPv4) and IPv6
- Explain the different extension headers and their uses
- Identify the different IPv6 address types
- Explain the IPv6 neighbor discovery process
- Describe the maximum transmission unit (MTU) discovery process
- Configure and monitor the Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP)
- Define the routing tables used for IPv6 routing
- Explain and configure static, aggregated, and generated IPv6 routes
- Identify and explain IPv6 firewall filters
- Describe and implement OSPFv3 routing
- Explain and configure IPv6 networks using IS-IS
- Describe and implement BGP peering sessions using IPv6
- Identify the different transition methods
- Explain concepts for using dual stack
- Explain and identify the different methods for tunneling IPv6 traffic
- Describe a basic troubleshooting method
- Identify and explain common operational mode commands used for troubleshooting IPv6 problems
- Explain protocol enhancements in Routing Information Protocol next generation (RIPng)
- Describe and configure RIPng
The Juniper Junos IPv6 (JP-IPv6) class assumes that Participants should have an intermediate-level of networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model and the TCP/IP protocol suite. Participants should also attend Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS), the Junos Routing Essentials (JRE), and the Junos Intermediate Routing (JIR) courses prior to attending this class.
The Juniper Junos IPv6 (JP-IPv6) class is meant for Participants working on configuring and monitoring IPv6 in the Junos OS .