The Juniper Advanced Junos Enterprise Switching (AJEX) Training course is designed to provide Participants detailed coverage of virtual LAN (VLAN) operations, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP) and VLAN Spanning Tree Protocol (VSTP), monitoring and troubleshooting tools and features, authentication and access control for Layer 2 networks, IP telephony features, and class of service (CoS) on the EX Series Ethernet Switches.
By attending Juniper Advanced Junos Enterprise Switching (AJEX) workshop, Participants will learn to:
- Implement filter-based VLAN assignments
- Restrict traffic flow within a VLAN
- Manage dynamic VLAN registration
- Tunnel Layer 2 traffic through Ethernet networks
- Review the purpose and operations of a spanning tree
- Implement multiple spanning-tree instances in a network
- Implement one or more spanning-tree instances for a VLAN
- List the benefits of implementing end-user authentication
- Explain the operations of various access control features
- Configure and monitor various access control features
- Describe processing considerations when multiple authentication and access control features are enabled
- Describe some common IP telephony deployment scenarios
- Describe features that facilitate IP telephony deployments
- Configure and monitor features used in IP telephony deployments
- Explain the purpose and basic operations of CoS
- Describe CoS features used in Layer 2 networks
- Configure and monitor CoS in a Layer 2 network
- Describe a basic troubleshooting method
- List common issues that disrupt network operations
- Identify tools used in network troubleshooting
- Use available tools to resolve network issues
Participants should have basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model and the TCP/IP protocol suite.
Participants should also attend the following courses or have equivalent knowledge.
The primary audience for Juniper Advanced Junos Enterprise Switching (AJEX) class are those individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring EX Series switches.