The Watson Assistant Development & Core Functionality training course is designed to introduce the delegates to the Watson Cognitive Services. The first two days will focus on the Watson Assistant Service, allowing the delegates to learn the mechanics of building a chatbot. Delegates will first learn how to access the Watson Cognitive Services through the WDC (Watson Developer Cloud). Then, they will learn how to initialize a Watson Assistant workspace to design intents, entities, slots, handlers, digressions and patterns for their chatbot. In addition, they will learn how to use the embedded monitoring tools provided by the Watson Assistant service to view logs, improve conversations and see recommendations for the improvement of their chatbot. The third day offers a chance to understand the features, benefits and use cases of the remaining Watson Cognitive Services.
By attending Watson Assistant Development & Core Functionality workshop, delegates will learn to:
- Understand Watson & WDC (Watson Developer Cloud)
- Understand when and where a chatbot is useful
- Understand NLP (Natural Language Processing) and its relationship to the Watson Cognitive Services
- Learn the concepts, terms and capabilities of the Watson Assistant Service
- Build a basic chatbot using WDC tooling for the Assistant Service
- Refine the basic chatbot which advanced dialog features
- Review Best Practices
- Understand Monitoring, Logging and Improvement Capabilities
- Review the complete offering of cognitive services and understand features, benefits & use cases
- This course is suitable for anyone interested in learning how to create their own chatbot using the Watson Assistant Service and understand the features of the Watson Cognitive Services.