The Control Desk - Configuration, Change & Release Management training course, introduces the functions in IBM SmartCloud Control Desk that support the ITIL-based processes for Configuration, Change, and Release Management. In addition, the logical data model and hierarchies used to store and manage Configuration Items are discussed.
By attending Control Desk - Configuration, Change & Release Management workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Describe the logical representation of assets and configuration items
- Create and specify Configuration Items manually or through promotion, or import
- Verify IT configurations through Configuration Item audit
- Articulate how IBM SmartCloud Control Desk support Service Asset Management
- Create and implement automated changes from response plans
- Perform impact analysis, schedule, and authorize changes
- Understand how IBM SmartCloud Control Desk supports the Release Management Process
- Perform mass updates of software from the Definitive Medial Library
- Familiarity with the ITIL Service Management processes
- Basic Understanding of the capabilities and initial customization of the Tivoli process automation engine environment and IBM SmartCloud Control Desk
This course is for IBM SmartCloud Control Desk Configuration, Change, and Release management practitioners responsible for administering, managing, or tailoring the solution.