The IBM PowerHA for Linux - Installation & Customization training course describes the concepts and implementation details of PowerHA SystemMirror for Linux on IBM Power Systems servers. The lecture content and hands-on labs cover the basics of the product's architecture, prerequisites, the planning necessary for implementation, the configuration and customization steps to produce a highly available cluster, and the administration of the cluster. The course also includes a lecture-only unit describing the Smart Assists that are available, treating those products as likely/potential use cases.
By attending IBM PowerHA for Linux - Installation & Customization workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Use the documentation for PowerHA SystemMirror for Linux for planning an implementation of the product
- Install prerequisites and the PowerHA SystemMirror for Linux software
- Create a highly available cluster using PowerHA SystemMirror for Linux using the clmgr CLI
- Define all resources and resource groups necessary to make a simple application highly available
- Verify the cluster configuration and perform cluster test operations
- Consider the use of PowerHA SystemMirror for Linux Smart Assists for SAP HANA and SAP NetWeaver
Linux administration skills and understand the basics of disk and volume management, and Ethernet networking management in SLES.
The audiences for this training include Power Systems and AIX/Linux technical support individuals, AIX or Linux system administrators, system architects and engineers, and pre-sales technical support staff that are considering the sale, usage or support of PowerHA SystemMirror for Linux.