The Managing Decisions in IBM Operational Decision Manager training course introduces business analysts to IBM Operational Decision Manager. You learn the concepts and skills that are necessary to capture, author, validate, and manage business rules with Operational Decision Manager.
This course focuses on the iterative nature of working collaboratively with business policy experts and development teams on rule projects. Through instructor-led presentations, product demonstrations, and hands-on lab exercises, you learn about the core features of Operational Decision Manager. You also receive intensive training in modeling business rule vocabulary, rule discovery, rule authoring, and rule governance and management. The course uses realistic scenarios and a case study to illustrate the principles and good practices for discovering, analyzing, and authoring business rules.
By attending Managing Decisions in IBM Operational Decision Manager workshop, Participants will learn to:
- Describe the benefits of implementing an Operational Decision Manager solution, and the collaboration that is required between the business and development teams
- Identify the main user roles that are involved in designing and developing an Operational Decision
- Manager solution, and the tasks that are associated with each role
- Explain modeling concepts and the Unified Modeling Language (UML) notation that is relevant to modeling for business rules and events
- Define and implement object models for business rules
- Use good practices to discover and analyze business rules for implementation
- Set up the rule authoring environment in Designer by working with rule projects, and synchronizing across development and business environments
- Customize the vocabulary that is used in rules
- Use the Operational Decision Manager rule editors to author business rules and decision tables
- Run tests and simulations in Decision Center to validate decision logic and rule changes
- Use various Decision Center features that support project management, such as permission management, version control, smart folders, and multiple release management
- Explain governance issues and work with Operational Decision Manager features that support decision governance
You should have:
- Experience with identifying and defining business policies and rules
- A basic understanding of business models
This course is designed for business analysts.