In Informix Structured Query Language training course, you will learn to write queries using ANSI standard Structured Query Language (SQL) with IBM Informix extensions. You will start with simple queries to select rows from a single table, then advance to more complex queries that involve subqueries or multitable joins. You will learn to use functions and expressions in SQL statements and how to format the query results. In addition, you will learn to perform insert, update, and delete operations, and how to select rows that contain large object and other non-standard data types.
By attending Informix Structured Query Language workshop, delegates will learn to:
- Describe the basic structure of an SQL SELECT statement
- List and describe the Informix data types
- Explain the relationship of tables in the Informix demo database
- Select rows from a single table
- Use various SELECT statement clauses
- Obtain query results using aggregate functions
- Use built-in functions in the SELECT list and ORDER BY clause
- Write queries that use simple and complex joins between tables
- Write queries that use subqueries and temporary tables
- Perform insert, update, and delete operations in a query
- Control the format of query input and output using functions and operators
- Use SET EXPLAIN to determine how a query is optimized
- Basic knowledge of the UNIX or Linux operating system is preferred
This Informix Structured Query Language class is suitable for database users and applications developers.