In IMS Security training course, you will learn implementation for Information Management System (IMS) using Resource Access Control Facility (RACF) as the external security manager, and the installation provided security exit routines.
By attending IMS Security workshop, delegates will learn to:
- Identify the tasks that must be done in IMS, RACF, and SMU to implement security
- Develop a plan to implement security on your IMS systems
- Code the security definitions in IMS, RACF, and SMU to protect transactions, commands, data, dependent regions, Parse Descriptor Blocks (PDB), terminals and other resources
- Migrate from IMS internal SMU security to RACF security
- Protect IMS system resources so IMS itself has access but others, such as Time Sharing Option (TSO) users or batch jobs, are denied access
- Define IMS terminal users to RACF and restrict the IMS regions to which these users are allowed to sign-on
- Familiar with RACF or IMS.
This IMS Security class is intended for security and IMS support individuals who design, implement, or administer security for IMS systems.