In IMS Database Recovery Control (DBRC) training course, you will learn installation, implementation, and management of the Database Recovery Control (DBRC) feature of Information Management System (IMS). DBRC is an IMS facility that provides database recovery, and facilitates database sharing, between IMS systems in all IMS environments including DB/TM, Data Base Control (DBCTL), and Batch.
By attending IMS Database Recovery Control (DBRC) workshop, delegates will learn to:
- Install, implement, and manage the DBRC (DataBase Recovery Control) component of IMS (Information Management System)
- Identify and list the basic elements of DBRC
- Describe the processing of DBRC records
- Describe the data sharing environment
- Describe the subsystem interaction and database authorization process
- Register full-function, Fast Path, HALDB, and non-recoverable databases, and their data sets
- Define and register Database Data Set Groups, Data Groups, and Recovery Groups
- Define and register change accumulation groups
- Describe installation tasks for DBRC and RECON (REcovery CONtrol) data sets
- A minimum of 12 months system programming or database administration experience with IMS databases.
This IMS Database Recovery Control (DBRC) class is designed for IMS system programmers, Data Base Administrators (DBA) and technical support personnel who need to understand DBRC installation, customization, administration and maintenance in an IMS System.