In IMS Database Repair training course, you will learn the details of the internal structure of Information Management System (IMS) Databases. Information on the content of segment prefixes will be covered for IMS Databases types that contain pointers including: Full Function Hierarchical Direct (HD), High Availability Large Database (HALDB), and Fast Path. Identify potential types of Database corruption, and strategies for correcting the corruption.
By attending IMS Database Repair workshop, delegates will learn to:
- Describe the internal structure of IMS full function, High Availability Large Database (HALDB), and DEDB database types, including prefix layout, pointer types, and space management.
- Identify potential types of database corruption, and diagnosing specific pointer corruption.
- Develop strategies for repairing your database, and verifying the consistency of the database.
- Use the various software tools and utilities that aid in in diagnosing and repairing database corruption.
- Understanding of IMS Database internal structure and available IMS Utilities or equivalent work experience.
- IMS database administrators and application developers, who have responsibility for the integrity of IMS databases.