In IMS Data Sharing training course, attendees will learn about Information Management System (IMS) data sharing capabilities. Examine how multiple IMS systems on different processors can access and update the same databases with complete integrity.
By attending IMS Data Sharing workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Define IMS subsystems, Internal Resource Lock Manager (IRLM), and coupling facilities to use IMS data sharing
- Design recovery procedures for failures in the data sharing environment
- Understand application design considerations with IMS data sharing
- Monitor the performance of a data sharing environment
- Explain IRLM and coupling facility roles in support of IMS data sharing
- Knowledge of IMS Database Recovery Control (DBRC)
- IMS system programmers and database administrators, who implement and manage IMS systems using data sharing.