The System Operator for IBM i training course enables a new system operator to develop basic to intermediate level skills needed for day-to-day operations of the Power System with IBM i. Focus is given to using the GUI (IBM i Access Client Solutions and IBM Navigator for i) as well as 5250 emulation sessions to perform tasks including job control, monitoring, sending messages, managing systems devices, and more. Hands-on exercises reinforce the lecture topics and prepare the attendee to successfully operate a Power System with IBM i.
By attending System Operator for IBM i workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Use the online help and references
- Send, display, and reply to messages
- Monitor and control jobs, devices, and job and output queues
- Start and stop the system
- Create and change user profiles
- Use authorization lists and group profiles
- Manage system configuration --> this could be the replacement for Manage system devices, user display stations, and printers
- Save and restore objects, libraries, and the system
- Monitor job and history logs
- Diagnose a system problem
- Order, receive, and apply PTFs
- Perform all of these functions using a 5250 emulation session as well as IBM i Access Client Solutions and IBM Navigator for i
The System Operator for IBM i class is ideal for:
- The person who has responsibility for daily system operations.