The IBM i - Advanced Analysis & Capacity Tuning training course will help you to understand the techniques of performance analysis and capacity planning on systems and partitions running IBM i and develop an appreciation of how IBM i operates and interfaces with applications. The course explains IBM i concepts, including the Technology Independent Machine Interface (TIMI), main storage pools, auxiliary storage pools, management of jobs, threads, and tasks, job run-time structure, performance monitoring, data collection, and analysis of performance data.
The first part of this course focuses on teaching the performance management process, the performance considerations of key hardware components and virtualization options, and tuning options to help optimize performance. During these lectures, attendees would gain an appreciation of the unique storage management and work management components in the IBM i architecture and how these components need to be managed for optimal performance. The second part of this course focuses on the tools and techniques to monitor, analyze, and plan for performance of Power Systems with IBM i and Logical partitions (LPARs).
By attending IBM i - Advanced Analysis & Capacity Tuning workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Understand the techniques of performance analysis and capacity planning of Power Systems and logical partitions (LPARs) running IBM i
- Acquire the skills to better manage performance on Power Systems running IBM i
- Enhance your knowledge of IBM i storage management, job / thread / task management, and the use of performance data collection, and monitoring tools to better manage IBM i work
- Manage the latest virtualization and logical partitioning features of Power Systems for optimal performance
- Use the latest tools and methodologies in IBM i and IBM i to manage and analyze system and application performance
- Gain experience with Performance Data Investigator in IBM Navigator for i including Collection Services, Job Watcher, and Disk Watcher features
- Use IBM Workload Estimator and other performance tools to perform sizing and capacity planning on Power Systems
- Understand methodologies for identifying and selecting appropriate performance data when planning upgrades and other capacity planning tasks
- Attend a training on IBM i - Structure, Tailoring and Basic Tuning or equivalent practical experience
The IBM i - Advanced Analysis & Capacity Tuning class is ideal for:
- IBM clients, Business Partners, and technical support and service individuals interested in performance management and capacity planning on Power Systems and logical partitions (LPARs) running IBM i.