The IBM Curam SPM Platform for Business Analysts training course provides a thorough grounding in the fundamentals of the IBM Curam Social Program Management (SPM) Platform. It presents a business analyst and caseworker, overview that introduces the key components of IBM Curam SPM, namely, SPM Platform User Interface, Participant Management, Case Management, Evidence Framework, Financial Management, System Administration, Verification Engine, Evidence Broker, Provider Management, Outcome Management, Rules Management, Workflow Management, and Universal Access.
By attending IBM Curam SPM Platform for Business Analysts workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Identify the main functional components of IBM Curam Social Program Management (SPM) Platform
- List the different variations of IBM Curam SPM that are available and their respective features
- Describe participant, case, administration, and workflow management
- Explain how rules and evidence are defined and used
- Describe financial processing and outcome management
- Describe how evidence verification and brokerage are handled
- Provide an overview of IBM Curam Universal Access
- Identify IBM Curam Enterprise Modules
- Identify IBM Curam Solutions
- Navigate components that are ready for immediate use in Curam, as well as use the basic functionality
- Working knowledge of health and human services programs and exposure to and experience of typical business process analysis activities related to system implementations.
- In addition, it is recommended that learners have experience with Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel and Word, and one or more database applications.
This course is primarily designed for BAs who will work on IBM Curam implementation projects.