The IBM Cloud PowerVC Manager training course aims to provide an overall understanding of how to install and configure IBM PowerVC Standard Edition and IBM Cloud PowerVC Manager, in an environment with HMC and IBM PowerVM NovaLink. The hands-on lab covers exercises from the basics of installing IBM PowerVC to performing advanced administrative tasks. The course also clarifies concepts in planning, deploying, and implementing IBM Cloud PowerVC Manager and IBM PowerVM NovaLink based on technology standpoints, product architectures, and their benefits.
By attending IBM Cloud PowerVC Manager workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Summarize the key functions and benefits of IBM PowerVC.
- Perform installation and configuration of IBM PowerVC and IBM Cloud PowerVC Manager, including upgrading to newer versions.
- Recognize the hardware and software requirements of IBM PowerVC.
- Demonstrate an understanding of cloud computing from a technology standpoint.
- Summarize the architecture of IBM Cloud PowerVC Manager.
- Summarize the key components of OpenStack and their functions.
- Demonstrate an ability to access and interact with the graphical and command line interfaces of IBM Cloud PowerVC Manager.
- Summarize the concepts of creating new projects, users, networking configuration and other cloud related properties.
- Summarize the key administrative tasks that need to be performed after the installation of IBM Cloud PowerVC Manager.
- Summarize the architecture of IBM PowerVM IBM PowerVM NovaLink.
- Integrate IBM Cloud PowerVC Manager with IBM PowerVM IBM PowerVM NovaLink and the existing virtualization environment.
Knowledge of configuring and managing a virtual I/O server and virtual devices as well as know how to use the HMC to manage partitions.
This IBM Cloud PowerVC Manager class is intended for technical support individuals, system administrators, system architects, engineers, and pre-sales technical support staff who implements PowerVC as a virtualization manager.