Elastic Storage Server - Monitoring training course covers the monitoring tasks to manage the Elastic Storage Server environment including working with the command line interface, working with graphical user interface, and to manage both file systems and filesets. It also reviews ESA support, disk replacement procedures, update procedures, and the data collection and contact procedures for IBM service and support.
By attending Elastic Storage Server - Monitoring workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Relate the data protection features used in IBM Elastic Storage Server
- Distinguish between traditional RAID and IBM Spectrum Scale RAID
- Compile the requirements for the IBM Elastic Storage Server solution
- Apply the GUI and CLI to manage an IBM Elastic Storage Server environment
- Relate the process to create and delete a file system and a fileset in an IBM Elastic Storage Server environment
- Summarize selected service processes to maintain and update the ESS
The following courses or equivalent knowledge is recommended:
- Introduction to Storage
- IBM Spectrum Scale Basic Administration for Linux
This is a base course for individuals who are involved in administering, configuring, upgrading, and monitoring the IBM Elastic Storage Server.