The Developing COBOL with IBM Rational Developer for System z training course introduces Rational Developer for System z to mainframe developers who wish to use workstation-based software to build COBOL applications. You learn how to edit, build, and debug remote COBOL applications using IBM Rational Developer for System z.
By attending Developing COBOL with IBM Rational Developer for System z workshop, Participants will learn to:
- Create and manage z/OS connections
- Create, navigate, and edit z/OS projects
- Develop z/OS COBOL programs
- Debug and troubleshoot COBOL programs using IBM Problem Determination Tools for z/OS
- Build SQL queries and stored procedures for DB2
- Develop BMS maps (for CICS)
- Prior experience working with z/OS, IBM OS/390, or IBM MVS systems
- A sound understanding of the COBOL language and syntax
- A basic understanding of job control language (JCL)
- A basic knowledge of Customer Information Control System (CICS)
This course is for Mainframe COBOL developers who wish to use Rational Developer for System z to build COBOL applications.