The WebSphere eXtreme Scale - Developing Applications training course teaches you the concepts and application programming interfaces (APIs) that are used to develop applications with IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale. This course covers the basic architecture of WebSphere eXtreme Scale, its programming APIs, and administrative concepts related to it. The course begins with an overview of the WebSphere eXtreme Scale product and grid technology. You then learn how to use the various WebSphere eXtreme Scale APIs and programming models that are available for application development, including ObjectMap, EntityManager, and DataGrid. In addition, you learn best practices for deploying and administering WebSphere eXtreme Scale solutions.
By attending WebSphere eXtreme Scale - Developing Applications workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Explain the features of the WebSphere eXtreme Scale product
- Describe cache scenarios that can effectively utilize WebSphere eXtreme Scale
- Describe the architecture and topologies of WebSphere eXtreme Scale environments
- Explain the design considerations involved in designing an eXtreme Scale solution
- Describe the requirements for enabling an application for eXtreme Scale in both WebSphere and non-WebSphere environments
- Use the IBM Rational Application Developer platform to implement WebSphere eXtreme Scale APIs, including the ObjectMap, EntityManager, JPA cache loader, and DataGrid
- Explain the WebSphere eXtreme Scale HTTP session management capability
- Describe the best practices related to designing and developing applications using WebSphere eXtreme Scale
Experience to develop Java language applications using IBM Rational Application Developer or Eclipse framework tools.
This course is for Independent Software Vendors, Systems Integrators, Architects and Developers who develop or architect solutions using IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale.