The Deploying and Administering Lotus Sametime training course is for Lotus Domino or Sametime administrators who want to deploy a Lotus Sametime server in an existing Lotus Domino environment.
The course intent is to provide an environment analogous to the tasks Participants will perform back at their jobs.
By attending Deploying and Administering Lotus Sametime workshop, Participants will learn to:
- Identify the skills required to Administer a Sametime Infrastructure
- Identify system requirements for implementing a Sametime infrastructure
- Identify administrative requirements for Sametime components
- Analyze migration considerations when upgrading from a prior version of Sametime
- Create and apply a policy in Sametime
- Change a policy's weight
- Find policies associated with a user
- Identify Sametime Ports and URLs in a pilot (Cell) deployment
- Maintain and backup DB2 databases
- Manage community services using the SSC
- Administer the IBM Lotus Sametime Proxy Server
- Administer an IBM Lotus Sametime Media Manager
- Administer an IBM Lotus Sametime Meeting Server
- Identify 'must gather' information to collect in the course of troubleshooting
- Perform troubleshooting techniques
- Understanding of basic networking and browser usage
This course is for Lotus Sametime administrators who are experienced with Lotus Sametime and who need to deploy and manage Lotus Sametime in an enterprise environment.