In DB2 UDB Programming training course, attendees acquire the skills needed to produce application programs that manipulate DB2 databases. They also learn to embed SQL statements in C programs and prepare programs for execution.
By attending DB2 UDB Programming workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Incorporate static SQL statements in an application program
- Prepare the program for execution
- Validate execution results are correct
- Produce code to support multiple rows being returned from the database manager using cursors
- Identify considerations regarding units of work, concurrency, and restart of programs
- Identify differences between static and dynamic SQL
- Provide test data for applications
- Discuss program and DB2 options relative to performance of static SQL
- Have experience with SQL and C programming languages and be able to complete skeleton programs in C and construct and use SQL statements.
- Application programmers