The DB2 for z/OS Stored Procedures training course is designed to provide the database application designer or application programmer with the knowledge to recognize when an IBM stored procedure is the correct solution for an application. Attendees will utilize the facilities of the IBM Data Studio, create COBOL stored procedures, and be able to troubleshoot stored procedures using IBM Data Studio.
By attending DB2 for z/OS Stored Procedures workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Use RUNSTATS to accelerate the performance of a given SQL access
- Employ DSN1COPY, REPAIR, and DIAGNOSE for DBA tasks which are not recovery-oriented
- Use parallel index build with the LOAD, REORG and REBUILD INDEX utilities
- Load partitions in parallel
- Determine the appropriate LOAD options to use while considering concurrency and performance requirements
- Choose appropriate options with REORG and UNLOAD to achieve optimal performance and availability
- Provide appropriate LISTDEF, TEMPLATE, and OPTIONS utility control statements for use in DB2 utilities
- Discuss relational database concepts
- Code SQL
- Understand the basics of a programming language
This course is for Database Application Designers and Database Application Programmers supporting DB2 stored procedures would all benefit from attending this course.