The DB2 for z/OS Database Administration - Essentials training course provides attendees with instruction on how to physically implement a logical database design in DB2. The course includes instruction on DB2 data management, DB2 catalog tables, the bind process, database utilities such as LOAD and REORG, and security considerations.
The DB2 for z/OS Database Administration - Advanced training course will introduce advanced database administration skills, including program preparation and the use of packages, online schema changes, partition management, and stored procedures; as well as performance and availability features of utilities (including LOAD, REBUILD INDEX, REORG, and UNLOAD).
By attending DB2 for z/OS Database Administration - Essentials workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Implement a DB2 database design
- Use database utilities to load and reorganize data
- Define and implement a DB2 database recovery strategy
- Control access to database using DB2 authorization facilities
For DB2 for z/OS Database Administration - Essentials
- Design a relational table
- Describe the SQL data manipulation statements to access and change the contents of DB2 tables
For DB2 for z/OS Database Administration - Advanced
- Familiarity with the z/OS operating system, including TSO, ISPF, and SDSF.
- Familiarity with SQL DML (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, and MERGE) and DDL (CREATE, ALTER, DROP) statements
- Basic skills administering a Db2 12 for z/OS database environment, including the use of basic utilities, serialization, and basic database security.
This course is for future DB2 for z/OS database administrators who need to acquire skills required to administer a DB2 database.