In DB2 for i SQL Performance Monitoring and Tuning training course, attendees learn the information, tools and strategies for monitoring, analyzing and tuning IBM DB2 for i Structured Query Language (SQL). Explore the science and art behind the DB2 for i query optimizer and database engine, including database performance and scalability. Discuss performance issues affecting database design and data-centric applications. Get hands on experience with database performance parameters and options, as well as the various tools that assist in performance monitoring, analysis and tuning. Knowledge and skill gained by attending this course are considered critical success factors when building and deploying SQL based solutions.
By attending DB2 for i SQL Performance Monitoring and Tuning workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Understand the art and science of DB2 for i SQL query optimization and execution
- Strategies and related methodology for monitoring, analyzing and tuning DB2 for i SQL queries
- Discuss how to design high-performing SQL applications running in IBM i and/or accessing DB2 for i
- Recognize and utilize the database and OS parameters and options that can impact performance
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL and relational database concepts
- Basic understanding of DB2 for i
- Basic understanding of IBM i architecture and application concepts
- Basic understanding of IBM i work management
This is a course for IBM i Database Designers, Performance Analysts, Application Developers, Database Administrators, Database Engineers, Database Consultants and Performance Analysts working in and around iSeries, System i or Power Systems running IBM i.