DB2 Family - Essentials training course provides you with information about the functions of IBM's DB2, a relational database manager which may be installed under a variety of operating systems on many hardware platforms. DB2 runs under the z/OS, VM, Linux, UNIX, and Windows operating systems, to name a few. The course includes discussion of how the DB2 products provide services. The focus is on the services DB2 provides and how we work with DB2, not on its internal workings.
By attending DB2 Family - Essentials workshop, attendees will:
- List and describe the major components of IBM's relational database, DB2
- Explain the characteristics of a DB2 table
- Relate the basic concepts of data modeling
- Comprehend the processing instructions given to DB2 via simple SQL statements
- List and describe several ways to build (write) and execute SQL statements
- List and describe steps needed to imbed SQL statements in an application program
- Explain some of the functions performed by, and the responsibilities of, database and system administrators
- Establish a base for more specialized DB2 education
- Basic knowledge in data processing
- This basic course is for persons needing an introductory knowledge of DB2, and persons preparing for advanced and specialized DB2 education.