In Service Development for IBM DataPower Gateway training course, you learn to develop and debug services that are implemented on the DataPower gateways. These skills include WebGUI and Blueprint Console navigation, service type selection, basic multi-protocol gateway configuration, creating and using cryptographic objects, and configuring SSL connections. You also learn how to use various problem determination tools such as logs, monitors, and probes, and techniques for testing DataPower services and handling errors.
By attending Service Development for IBM DataPower Gateway workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Describe how DataPower gateways are configured
- Create and configure cryptographic objects
- Configure Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to and from DataPower gateways
- Configure a multi-protocol gateway (MPGW) to handle multiple protocols from a single service
- Configure a service level monitoring (SLM) policy to control message traffic
- Use logs and probes to troubleshoot services
- Use patterns to define and deploy new services
- Configure message transformation and routing by using style sheets (XSL) and GatewayScripts
- Handle errors in service policies
- Security-based concepts and protocols
- XML-related technologies such as XML schema, XPath, and XSLT
- Web service and REST basics
This course is designed for integration developers who configure service policies on IBM DataPower Gateways.