In IBM SPM Design System for Developers training course, attendees will install the SPM Design System, set up the development environment, develop pages using Design System components, integrate with the Curam SPM server, and test the pages. At the beginning of the course, attendees will review the main third-party technologies that are used during the course.
By attending IBM SPM Design System for Developers workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Describe the purpose of the web app development technologies and tools that are used on the course
- Outline the technical foundation of the IBM SPM Design System
- Install the Design System and configure the development tools
- Implement pages using Design System components
- Configure the theme and style of pages
- Use a JSON server to simulate server interactions via a REST API
- Access a REST API on a Curam Server
- Write simple unit tests for a component
- Troubleshoot page errors using the IDE debugger and browser tools
- List considerations for adding custom and third-party components
- List useful resources for front-end development
- Knowledge of JSX and React
The IBM SPM Design System for Developers class is ideal for:
- Developers and Technical Architects who will work on IBM Curam implementation projects that use the SPM Design System. This course is also useful for testers and support staff who will work with the SPM Design System.