The Implementing Cloud Manager with Openstack on Power Systems training course describes the concepts and details to install, configure, and implement the IBM Cloud Manager with OpenStack as a cloud management solution managing a private cloud based on IBM PowerVC. The virtualized Power Systems-based environment contains AIX and Linux on Power virtual machines. The course topics include planning for the Cloud Manager with OpenStack installation, customizing the environment, managing the environment, and using the self-service portal to capture and deploy virtual machine images. Hands-on exercises reinforce the lecture and give the attendees the experience with installing and configuring IBM Cloud Manager with OpenStack on a Power Systems-based environment.
By attending Implementing Cloud Manager with Openstack on Power Systems workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Organize the CMwOS Architecture to the service it provides
- Summarize the components of Chef
- Differentiate between a cloud administrator and a user when using the self-service portal
- Detect issues when installing CMwOS and how to resolve them
- Classify those elements in the Project Tab versus the Administration Tab
- Select the appropriate function when using the self-service portal