The CICS - CICSPlex System Manager Administration training course teaches attendees how to install, configure, and use CICS TS System Manager components and functions.
The course begins by covering the installation process for CICSPlex System Manager (CICSPlex SM), along with how to configure and start a CICSPlex Managing Address Space (CMAS) and the Web user interface server (WUI). Throughout the course, attendees learn about the interfaces supplied by the product, such as the WUI, application programming interface (API), and batch repository utility (BATCHREP). Attendees learn how each of the functional components of CICSPlex SM is configured and controlled, including topology (TOP), Workload Manager (WLM), real-time analysis (RTA), monitor (MON), and Business Application Services (BAS). This course also covers how to define CICS Manager Address Spaces and provides an overview of the security environment needed by CICSPlex SM, including the external security manager (ESM) RACF definitions.
By attending CICS - CICSPlex System Manager Administration workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Describe CICSPlex System Manager and its functions and components
- Install CICSPlex System Manager
- Describe and use the web user interface (WUI) that is provided by CICSPlex System Manager
- Configure and define CICSplexes and associated CMAS environments by using the WUI
- Define and use the CICS Explorer to configure the CMCI to connect to a CICSplex
- Define CICS systems to CICSPlex System Manager by using the WUI and CMCI
- Manage the operations of a CICSplex of CICS systems by using the WUI and CMCI
- Create definition records that CICSPlex System Manager applications can use as directives, such as Workload Manager, real-time analysis, and Monitor Services
- Use CICSPlex System Manager (CPSM) commands to view and dynamically manage the data that CICSPlex System Manager applications use
- Use the BAS to create and manage CICS resources through application scopes
- Use the WUI editor facilities to define WUI views, menus, users, and user groups, and to edit favorites
- Describe the CPSM API and use BATCHREP
- Describe and use the CICS Explorer to deploy a CICS platform and application to the cloud
- Familiar with CICS architecture and facilities
- Working knowledge of CICS TS Intercommunication facilities
This course is designed for CICS system programmers and installers responsible for installing, configuring, operating, or planning CICSPlex SM.