The BRMS for IBM i training course covers the features and functions supported by the Backup and Recovery Media Services (BRMS). The lectures will describe how to perform the supported functions when using a 5250 emulation session, when using System i Navigator, and when using IBM Navigator for i.
By attending BRMS for IBM i workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Describe the major features and functions of Backup Recovery and Media Services (BRMS)
- List the steps to install BRMS on a single system or in a BRMS network environment
- Implement a previously defined backup and recovery strategy using BRMS
- Implement a previously defined archival and retrieval plan, including dynamic retrieval using BRMS
- Explain how to utilize a tape library, tape library system, virtual tape and optical drive with BRMS
- Implement and use BRMS using the green screen, System i Navigator and IBM Navigator for i
Working experience of the capabilities and operations in the area of save and restore for IBM i.
This is a course for Power System with IBM i administrators, and anyone else who would like practical knowledge of the features and functions supported by BRMS.