The BigInsights Analytics for Business Analysts training course is designed to introduce the attendees to the capabilities of BigSheets. BigSheets is a component of InfoSphere BigInsights. It provides the analyst the ability to be able to visualize and analyze data stored HDFS using a spreadsheet type interface without any programming.
The BigInsights Analytics for Programmers training course is designed to aid programmers who are working with IBM's InfoSphere BigInsights. Writing programs that extract data from unstructured text can be a daunting task. Attendeess will learn how to create annotators through the use of IBM's Annotation Query Language (AQL). Analyzing data using Apache's Hadoop normally requires that MapReduce programs be written. They will learn how to use Jaql to create high level programs that are decomposed into Hadoop MapReduce programs. People familiar with the Hadoop technology are aware of other open source products that are used in this environment. This course will give them a foundation to program using the Apache Pig language. There is also overview of ZooKeeper, HBase, and Hive. One of the capabilities of the BigInsights Web Console is the ability to simplify the invocation of Hadoop applications. This course shows how to publish a text analytics application from the BigInsights development environment to a BigInsights server.
By attending BigInsights Analytics for Business Analysts workshop, attendeess will learn to:
- Describe how BigSheets can help with the business and technical challenges of big data
- Create BigSheet workbooks
- From data stored in HDFS
- Directly from data generated by an application
- Use BigSheets readers to properly parse data in BigSheets
- Create sheets within workbooks
- List the different types of functions available when creating a new sheet
- Create charts to more easily visualize BigSheets results
- Export BigSheets data to a web browser or a file in HDFS
- Integrate workbooks with Big SQL tables
By attending BigInsights Analytics for Programmers workshop, attendeess will learn to:
- Describe the AQL data model
- Use AQL to create annotators
- List the different extractors used to create AQL views
- Describe how Jaql is used in a BigInsights environment
- Code Jaql core operators to manipulate JSON data
- Explain how to use SQL in Jaql
- Describe how Apache's Pig can be used in a BigInsights environment
- Use Pig core operators to analyze Hadoop data
- Explain how ZooKeeper can be used to manage barriers or queues
- Compare HBase to a Relational Database Management System
- Publish an application to a BigInsights server
For BigInsights Analytics for Business Analysts: Knowledge of InfoSphere BigInsights would be useful.
For BigInsights Analytics for Programmers: Knowledge of IBM DB2 OLAP Server Administration and Performance Tuning.