In AIX Workload Partitions - Configuration and Management training course attendees will learn to configure and manage workload partitions (WPARs) in the AIX environment. Hands-on exercises will reinforce the lecture and give attendees practice creating and managing both application and system WPARs using the command-line interface. One will explore various configuration options such as implementing private and shared file systems, exporting devices, setting resource controls, and configuring network options. attendees will practice operations such as starting and stopping WPARs, performing dynamic configuration changes, and tracking data in log files.
By attending AIX Workload Partitions - Configuration and Management workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Describe the reasons for using workload partitions (WPARs)
- Create application WPARs
- Create system WPARs, including detached and rootvg WPARs
- Configure WPAR network options
- Configure WPAR file system options
- Configure WPAR resource controls
- Manage WPAR storage device access
- Install, configure and manage an AIX5.2 versioned WPAR
Familiar with AIX system administration.
AIX technical support individuals, AIX system administrators, system architects and engineers.