The AIX - Network Installation Manager training course provides you with a working knowledge of the fundamental capabilities of the Network Installation Management (NIM) facility of the AIX operating system. This course uses a combination of instructor lecture and machine exercises to provide you with practical background knowledge of the topics covered.
By attending AIX - Network Installation Manager workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Explain key NIM concepts and terminology
- Display NIM-related information
- Set up a NIM master
- Perform a base AIX (RTE) install
- Define and use several types of NIM objects
- Perform an automated install
- Create and use mksysb resource
- Maintain lpp_source and SPOT resources
- Update NIM clients
- Basic knowledge regarding AIX systems administration
- Basic knowledge regarding the use of HMC to manage POWER-based managed systems
The AIX - Network Installation Manager class is ideal for:
- Anyone with system administrative duties installing and managing an AIX operating system in a multiuser POWER (System p) environment.