The TAL/pTAL programming training course teaches a basic understanding of the Transaction Application Language (TAL) and its usage. Through a series of exercises and labs, delegates will gain sufficient understanding of syntax and operations to develop and maintain TAL and pTAL programs.
By attending TAL/pTAL programming workshop, Participants will learn:
- Introduction to TAL/pTAL
- Program organization and general syntax
- Simple data types and arrays
- Data transfer, program control, and data scan statements
- Operators and expressions
- Pointers and addressing
- Procedures and subprocedures
- The Common Run-Time Environment; Interfacing C and TAL
- Building native mode programs
- Debugging with the Inspect tool
At least six months of programming experience, preferably with C, PASCAL, or other block-structured procedure-based languages. Alternatively, one year of COBOL programming experience.
- Systems programmers or maintainers who want to become proficient TAL or pTAL programmers