The Service Manager - Administration training course is targeted at system administrators responsible for the day-to-day management of the Service Manager application. The course focuses on the daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual tasks required to keep the system running efficiently. This course covers software versions 9.21 and 9.3x and the hands-on labs use software version 9.33.
By attending Service Manager - Administration workshop, Participants will learn to:
- Describe Service Manager environment and architecture
- Install the various components of Service Manager
- Describe the various implementation options (such as default ports, load balancing, components)
- Perform tasks and set-up activities that are generally performed prior to moving the system to Production
- Perform daily administrative tasks, such as performing backups and monitoring log files, background processor activity, email activity, and schedule record activity
- Perform weekly administrative tasks, such as archiving and purging data
- Perform monthly administrative tasks, such as cleaning up the audit record, monitoring server performance statistics
- Perform quarterly and annual administrative tasks, such as regenerating the work and holiday schedule records
- Perform additional administrative tasks, such as importing or exporting records
- Knowledge of Service Manager - Technical Configuration
- Knowledge of Service Manager - Foundations for Process Owners
- Administrators, implementers and managers who are responsible for implementing, configuring and administering Service Manager.