This Pathway Application Programming - Cobol Language training course provides the skills needed to develop Pathway applications quickly and efficiently. Through classroom discussion and hands-on programming exercises with an HPE NonStop server, you will advance your application programming skills in the Pathway environment. After completing this course, you will understand how Pathway applications utilize the features of the system architecture and operating system, and you will be able to apply what you have learned to your own application programs.
By attending Pathway Application Programming - Cobol Language workshop, delegates will learn:
- Writing server programs with COBOL85
- Using NonStop Transaction Monitor/MP (TM/MP) to ensure database consistency and integrity in the Pathway application environment
- Debugging requester and server programs using the Inspect facility
- Pathway system administration through configuration, starting, stopping, and monitoring components
- Attend a training on Concepts and Facilities for HPE NonStop Systems or equivalent practical experience
- Six months of COBOL programming experience
- Knowledge of ANSI-standard SQL
The Pathway Application Programming - Cobol Language class is ideal for:
- Application programmers who will be developing applications using the Pathway product.