This Implementing Aruba Switching training course teaches to implement and operate enterprise-level Aruba campus switching solutions. Hand-on labs give you experience with ArubaOS-Switches, including securing access, redundancy technologies such as Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP), link aggregation techniques including Link Aggregation Protocol (LACP) and switch virtualization with HPE’s Virtual Switching Framework (VSF). You will also learn to configure dynamic routing with Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) and Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), network optimization via Quality of Service (QoS), IP multicast routing leveraging Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM), and protecting the network using Access Control Lists (ACLs).
By attending Implementing Aruba Switching workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Implement spanning tree protocol and loop protections
- Ensure redundancy for a network’s default gateway by configuring VRRP on Aruba switches
- Implement and manage an VSF fabric
- Deploy ArubaOS switches in single-area and multi-area OSPF systems
- Use Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) to optimize forwarding of multicasts within VLANs
- Implement PIM-DM to route multicast traffic
- Establish and monitor BGP sessions between your routers and ISP routers
- Define ACLs and identify the criteria by which ACLs select traffic
- Configure ACLs on ArubaOS switches to select given traffic
- Implement 802.1X on ArubaOS switch ports
- Configure captive portal authentication on ArubaOS switches to integrate them with an Aruba ClearPass solution
- Configure tunneled-node on ArubaOS switches
- Configure ArubaOS switches to select traffic, apply the appropriate QoS marking, and place the traffic in the proper priority queues
- Implement DHCP snooping and ARP protection to defend networks against DHCP exploits, ARP snooping, and ARP poisoning attacks
- Implement the proper port security measures for various use cases
- Implement connection rate filtering to provide a first layer of protection against viruses and worms
- Attend a training on Aruba Switching Fundamentals or equivalent practical experience.
The Implementing Aruba Switching class is ideal for:
- IT Professionals who will deploy and manage networks based on HPE’s ArubaOS-Switches.