This Tableau Web Authoring training course is designed to introduce you to the functions of web authoring in Tableau Online and Tableau Server. You will also learn the skills needed to create, edit, and interact with basic worksheets that use previously published data sources.
By attending Tableau Web Authoring workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Navigate the Tableau Online and Tableau Server user interface
- Understand Tableau terminology
- Interact with existing Tableau workbooks and create custom views
- Tag content, subscribe to views, and export views
- Connect to previously published data sources
- Create and edit workbooks in the web authoring environment
- Use filters and sorting to customize data views
- Work with date fields in Tableau
- Explore and create common visualization types, including crosstabs, geographic maps, bar charts, line, graphs, heat maps, highlight tables, combined axis charts, and scatter plots
- Create dashboards
- Use reference lines and built-in analytics to highlight important elements of your data
- Create basic calculations including string manipulation, basic arithmetic calculations, custom calculations and ratios, and quick table calculations
- New web authoring Tableau users and those seeking a formal introduction to Tableau Online.