This Tableau Visual Analytics - Essentials training course is geared for experienced users who wish to expand their visual analysis toolbox, strengthen their analytical skills, and gain a better understanding of visualization best practices. This course teaches you how to leverage Tableau to develop and hone your visual analytic skills. You will learn how to plan for elegant visual design, implement dashboards that reflect best practices, answer data questions, and how to best communicate with your intended audience.
This Tableau Visual Analytics - Advanced training course teaches experienced Tableau users to connect the science of data visualization to the principles of visual best practices. In this course, you will learn how to leverage research on human perception to create Tableau visualizations that truly help your stakeholders see and understand the data. Throughout this course, you will learn to design visualizations that effectively share information and insights with others. This course will advance your understanding of visual best practices.
By attending Tableau Visual Analytics - Essentials workshop, attendees will learn to:
- Describe the history, theory, and science behind data visualization, and how all this is built into Tableau's DNA
- Engage in the data analysis process including everything from planning your line of questioning to reviewing and communicating your findings
- Use some basic principles of human visual perception and cognition in your chart design
- Critique charts and dashboards and offer suggestions for improvement
By attending Tableau Visual Analytics - Advanced workshop, attendees will learn:
- Design visualizations to effectively leverage sensory and short-term memory
- Design visualizations to inform viewers without misleading
- Effectively use chart types to answer specific questions
- Design dashboards and stories using visual best practices
- Attendees should be an experienced Tableau user.
- Experienced Tableau users.